Summer is officially here in two days and I am here bringing you guys the top 10 summer items you need to have in your wardrobe ASAP! If you’re in NYC (like myself), Cali, Florida or anywhere hot; the season already started. It’s as if Spring didn’t really exist in NY. It went from winter to spring for about two weeks then straight to summer. Crazy, right? If you’re like me and haven’t really started shopping for the summer than this list can be perfect to use as your guide.These items are all equally essential to have and are in no particular order. Also, thank you to the IFB for inspiring me to write this post!
1. Crop Tops: Crop Tops is an essential piece for the summer because, it is very verstaile. You can dress up the shirt with high-waisted shorts and sandals for a daytime look or you can pair the top with a skirt and heels for a more night out look. There’s lots of different style crop tops out from patterned tops to the off-the shoulder crop top.
|F21 Static Crop Top $12.80|
Dresses: An oldie but goodie. Maxi dresses are great to wear whether you’re
going out to a BBQ or to the beach with friends. This dress will keep you cool
throughout the summer months and it comes in a variety of colors, patterns, and designs. You
can pair this with your favorite sandals or wedges, sunnies and a hat if you
want. You can also wear a belt to cinch in your waist. The possibilities are
|H&M Maxi Dress $19.95|
3. Graphic Tees: I love graphic tees. Other than the basic white tee, I think graphic tees are very classic. It adds personality to your outfit and it shows people who you are. There’s a lot of graphic tees floating around different stores and the internet. Buy ones that fit your personality and style. This would go great with a pair of boyfriend jeans or shorts and either flats, sandals, or your favorite pair of Chuck Taylor’s (aka Converses).
|Truly Madly Deeply French Cross Text Muscle Tank Top $29.00|
4. Flowy Dresses: These are great for the summertime because the dresses are normally not so form-fitting as normal dresses. When you walk or when the wind blows, your dress is moving with you. Also, you can dress it up or down depending on the occasion.
|Zara Strappy Dress with Frill $79.90|
5. Skater Skirts: Another oldie but goodie. For the girls who don’t want to wear maxi or flowy dresses; skater skirts are a great alternative. It’s an item of clothing that is very versatile in how you can dress it up or down. It’s not form-fitting, so you won’t feel restricted and it comes in many colors and patterns suitable for the summer.
|Missguided Ilana Floral Skater Skirt $25.05|
6. Maxi Skirts: I love maxi skirts especially now that they come in different styles. No more of the plain, boring, skirt. Now maxi skirts come with either a thigh-high split on the side, asymmetrical cut, or with two thigh-high splits. It’s the maxi skirt revamped this season and I’m loving it. If I’m going out for a night on the town with my girls and I want to feel sexy without showing much, I can wear a maxi skirt with two splits on the side with a nice crop top and a pair of wedges.
|Urban Outfitters Ecote Double Slit Maxi Skirt $39.00|
7. Printed Pants: This summertime essential for the girls who don’t want to wear skirts or dresses. Printed pants are perfect for making a statement with your outfit. They come in many different patterns from floral to tribal and everything in between. They also come in different styles. There’s printed harem pants or joggers. You can pair these with a cute sleeveless chiffon top with heels or flats.
|River Island Ikat Print Pants $47.52|
8. High Waisted Shorts: It’s not summer without a pair shorts. However, I’m not talking about any pair of regular shorts. High waisted shorts are perfect for those days (and nights) when you’re out hanging in the park with friends or going to an amusement park. You can wear this with an off-the-shoulder top or a graphic tee with sandals or sneakers to complete the look.
|Nasty Gal Hot Dot Scallop Shorts $42.00|
9. Chiffon Shirts: I own a lot of chiffon shirts in my wardrobe. Last year in the summer when I wasn’t wearing a dress, I was definitely wearing chiffon shirts. They are a must have for me especially when I go out at night and I want to be casual, but still look put together. They come in a variety of styles and colors and go well with high waisted shorts and skirts.
|F21 Lace Paneled Chiffon Shirt $17.80|
10. Cardigans: Last but certainly not least, cardigans are essentials for the summer nights when it gets a little chilly. Those nights are kind of rare in New York, but still its a must have. You don’t have to wear a heavy cardigan but something a little lighter to keep you feeling not so cold. And its a perfect layer piece if your wearing jeans or shorts.
|F21 Open-Front Cardigan $11.80|
And that concludes my 10 summer wardrobe essentials. I will definitely be wearing these pieces this summer. Hopefully, this wasn’t too long and if it is I’m sorry. Is there anything you guys think should of been on the list? Let me know in the comments below.