I just recently celebrated by 25th birthday this past Sunday and having turn 25 I started to reevaluate certain things in my life. Other than the usual things most 25 year olds think about (what have I accomplished, what am I going to do for the rest of my life, am I going to be single for the rest of my life, etc.), I’ve decided to reflect on some of my fashion choices-both past and present. And I know I did not make some of the best fashionable choices (haven’t we all?). However I have learned some things along the way that I think all women should learn by the time they are 25. I’m also still learning and evolving my style so I’m pretty sure when I’m 30 this list will change. But if you’re interested in read what’s on my list, check them out:
1. Splurge on staples, save on trends.
2. A black pump is a must have in any woman’s closet.
3.You don’t have to try all the trends.
4. Fit is everything.
5. Invest in the perfect LBD.
6. Blazers are a must-have piece.
7. Don’t be afraid to mix prints and patterns together.
8. Know what works for body and what doesn’t.
9. There is such thing as showing too much skin.
10. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and experiment.
11. Layering is your friend.
12. Invest in a good leather jacket.
13. A woman can never have too many purses or shoes.
14. Every woman should own just one piece of statement jewelry.
15. Use clear nail polish to keep costume jewelry from tarnishing/turning your skin green.
16. Every woman should own a pair of jeans that makes your butt look good.
17. Red lipstick always elevates a basic look.
18. Not everything you want will fit you the way you want it to and it’s okay.
19. Don’t keep items in your closet if it doesn’t fit you in hopes that you “lose some weight”.
20. Everything that was once “in style” will be in style again.
21. Experiment with color.
22. Sometimes you need Spanx and it will be your friend.
23. Be inspired by someone else’s style but don’t copy it. Always stay true to what you like.
24. Confidence is key to pulling off any look.
25. Remember it’s just clothes, so have fun with it!
What are some fashion lessons that you have learned so far?