I can’t believe Summer is almost over *sad face*. I swear the Summer season always goes by so quickly and Winter takes forever to end (especially in NY). Luckily, we still have about a good month to wear sandals and shorts before bundling up again. But you guys aren’t here to read about all that; ya’ll are here because you want to know what highlighters will have you glowing to the Gawds! I got you. There are many highlighters on the market, but I’m going to be listing my favorite ones. I also have some honorable mentions and brands whose product I haven’t tried yet that I will list as well.
I have a good range of price points as low as $8 and as high as $40 (trust me, it’s worth the price).
- This is probably one of my Holy Grail highlighters! First off, the price is amazing and secondly majority of the items from CP are very good quality and their highlighters aren’t any different. Glo Up is apart of the Karreuche Tran collab with Colourpop (aka KaePop). Glo Up is described as “a rich gold with flashes of copper” and on my skin tone, you can see the copper tones in the highlighter. It’s not chunky (which is a major key) and leaves a soft “glow from within” look to your cheek.
- Another favorite from CP. This is for the gals that want more of golden highlight. I would say that this highlight is a bit more intense than Glo Up. If you want to blind the haters with your highlight than this one is definitely for you!
Colourpop Cosmetics Churro (Limited Edition): $8
- Unfortunately, this one was limited edition (sorry, guys!). Churro is a tie-dye highlighter which was combined by three separate CP highlighters: Avalon, Stole the Show and Wisp. Together they create a bronze, champagne, gold shade that goes on beautifully across the cheekbones. Although its sold out, beauty junkies are still demanding for this to be back in stock or another one to be made with different shades. I’m hoping that they listen.
- This summer I have been getting into liquid/cream highlighters and adding it into my foundation routine. This one from the Estee Edit has been my favorite for adding a bit of glow on my body. I purchased the shade “Day Light”, which is a rose gold shade. It’s a cream highlighter that can be used for the face (I use it all over my body as well). My favorite way of applying it is to dab a little amount on my cheekbones, blend it out with my beauty blender and add Glo Up on top of it and it creates a beautiful glow.
- This product was the first highlighter I’ve ever purchased (I just started getting into makeup over the last two years) and it’s from one of my fave Youtubers. There’s mixed reviews on if its WOC friendly but in my book it is and definitely worth the money. It is an intense highlight but once you blend it out, it turns into a soft glow on the skin. Go to your nearest Sephora, swatch it and you will fall in love with it as I have.
- I’ve talked about this product in my Ulta, Sephora, & more beauty haul (you can also see swatches in that post as well) and even though I’ve had it for about a month, I’m already in love! Yes it is $40, but you get four huge highlighters pans and you can create different shades by mixing them. It’s a must have item that every beauty junkie has in their collection. You don’t even need to buy any of the other ones and just get this one and be set. (Can you tell I’m hype over this product? It’s so good!)
Artist Couture Diamond Powder: $26.99
- Need I say more! Just go on their Instagram and see for yourself (you can thank me later).
- I’ve tons of good things about Jouer’s cream highlighter. Currently I’m eyeing the shade Tiare (of course). If the price point is a bit expensive, a lot of well-known Youtubers (such as Manny Mua, Laura Lee, Jackie Aina) are all affiliates with Jouer and have 15% off coupon codes so you can save!
- I swear every time I want to purchase this, it always sells out and with good reason. These drops can be used alone or mix into your foundation to add a glow to your skin. A little definitely goes a long way with this item; so although its a bit pricey it will last you probably until next summer.
What are your go to highlighters for the summer (heck, all year round)? I’m open to trying new ones to add to my ever growing collection 🙂