Today is my birthday (shout out to my fellow Capricorns…we da best! *DJ Khaled voice*) and as I said on my Instagram, this week I’m celebrating two milestones in my life. One was FRTW three year blogiversary (read more about that here) and the second is my 27th birthday. Yeah I know, turning 27 isn’t a big deal to people, it’s just another day in the year, but to me it isn’t. The sad reality is that there are some people who don’t even get to see their 27th birthday. Life is short, none of us know when our time on Earth is up and if I get to see another birthday, then to me that is considered a milestone. As cliche as it sounds, you have to live your life to the fullest and as someone who is three years shy of turning 30; there are still things that I want to do and accomplish in my late 20’s.
With that said, I have complied a list of 27 things that I want to do in 2017:
- Go to a music festival.
- Go to the African American Museum in D.C.
- Eat at new restaurants in NYC as oppose to same ones I constantly go to.
- Try a new cuisine, such as Ethiopian or Indian to name a few.
- Go Whitewater rafting.
- Discover new places to go out in New York City.
- Go to Graduate school.
- Go rock climbing.
- Start a Youtube channel.
- Read more books.
- Finally go to Smorgasbord.
- Attend a Paint & Sip party.
- Renew my passport.
- Obtain my permit and my driving license.
- Have my picture reposted on a makeup brand’s IG page.
- Continue to grow my following.
- Attend some shows during NYFW (its been too long).
- Attend some parties during NYFW.
- Go to more networking events.
- Take an improv class.
- Go out more.
- Buy my first high end designer bag.
- Learn to play the piano.
- Go to a concert of one of my favorite artists.
- Live a healthier lifestyle (exercising, eating healthier, etc.).
- Have a New Year kiss with someone special.
- Travel more.
I hope you enjoyed my list! It was a bit hard to think of 27 things and believe me there are more things that I want to do, but I might save those for next year’s list.
What are some things you want to do in 2017?