I recently received the Marc Jacobs Beauty Vox box from Influenster for review and in it contained two shades of the Highliner Gel Eye Crayon; Mist Me? 55 (lilac) and (Earth)quake 41 (deep brown). Once I swatched these shades, I was immediately drawn to Mist Me?, it’s such a beautiful shade that I couldn’t wait to create a eye look surrounding this shade. Then a thought came to me: I should do a Valentine’s day look using this eyeliner, but not an eye look that uses golds, oranges or browns (my go to eye), but one that utilizes more color.
Since the eye look was centered around this one color, I decided to create a purple eye look and of course I had to add some sparkle to the look. Can’t have a Valentine’s day look without glitter! I usually don’t use bright colors in my crease, however I’m trying to break out of comfort zone and try different techniques and colors. I think this look came out very well, considering I had to mix two colors to get this purple color (I don’t own any matte purple shadows). I shared all the products I used down below, but unfortunately I didn’t share any steps since it’s harder to explain through writing what I’m doing. Maybe this will actually push me to actually start a YouTube channel soon.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick (Almond)
- Tarte Shape concealer (Deep) mixed with Too Faced Born This Way concealer (Deep Tan)
- NYX Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo (Espresso)
- Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder (Light Medium) – used to set highlighted areas
- Sephora Collection MicroSmooth Baked Foundation (60 Deep Ebony)
- NYX Cheek Contour Palette (Wine & Dine) – used the contour shade to set contour
- Makeup Geek Blush (Chivalry)
- ABH Sweets Glow Kit (Sassy Grape)
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray
- Kat Von D Lock-It Creme Concealer (Deep 31) – used to prime eyelids
- Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder (Light Medium) – to set concealer
- ABH Modern Renaissance Palette (Buon Fresco)
- Urban Decay Electric Palette (Chaos & Savage, Urban) – mixed together to make purple
- Colourpop Cosmetics Dare Super Shock shadow w/ Dance Party on top
- ABH Waterproof Creme liner (Jet)
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon (Mist Me? 55)
- Ardell Double Up Wispies
- Maybelline Big Shot Mascara
If this is a lot of makeup, then you can tone down the look and opt for a natural fresh face look. If you’re a makeup lover like myself than this look would be perfect for you, especially if you don’t want to rock the tradition red lip. Remember makeup is supposed to fun, so do what feels right for you!
Happy Monday, guys!